1 red onion, chopped
1 zucchini chopped
1 large butternut squash peeled and chopped
1 head of broccoli
1 yellow squash chopped
1 cup mushrooms chopped
1 whole chayote chopped
Thyme, fresh or dried, to taste
Oregano, fresh or dried, to taste
Rosemary, fresh or dried, to taste
2 cups vegetable broth
1 cup hemp or almond milk
½ cup coconut butter
2 tablespoons arrowroot or kudzu powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper or cayenne
½ cup olive oil or coconut butter
Cracker or breadcrumbs
Dissolve arrowroot or kudzu in 1 ½ cup cold water
½ cup olive oi
1 teaspoon onion powder
Sea salt and cayenne to taste
1. First peel and chop your winter squash or yams into bite size squares. Place in a
steamer basket or a pot with a little water. Cover and allow these to steam until soft.
2. In a separate skillet or wok, add oil, onion and chayote and cook on medium heat
until soft. Add all other vegetables, salt and pepper, seasonings and herbs. Feel free
to stir in coconut butter and a little vegetable broth. Cover and cook on medium low
heat until soft.
1. Add above ingredients to sauce pot. Add salt to taste.
2. Mix well and let heat for 3 – 5 minutes.
1. Cover the bottom of baking dish with bread or cracker crumbs.
2. Add a little seas salt and layer vegetables on top. Cover vegetables in cream
sauce and layer again with cracker or breadcrumbs.
3. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
4. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.